Will Smith Reacts to His 10-Year Ban From Oscars After Chris Rock Slap - Highlight News Today

Breaking

Friday, April 8, 2022

Will Smith Reacts to His 10-Year Ban From Oscars After Chris Rock Slap

When Smith won the award for Best Actor in a Leading Role less than an hour later, he apologized to the Academy and his fellow nominees for his earlier actions. “Art imitates life, I look like the crazy father,” he said, referencing his role as the dad of Venus and Serena Williams in King Richard. “Love will make you do crazy things.”

A day later, Smith issued a written statement on social media that specifically apologized to Rock.

“Violence in all of its forms is poisonous and destructive,” he wrote. “Jokes at my expense are a part of the job, but a joke about Jada’s medical condition was too much for me to bear and I reacted emotionally.”

The actor added, “I would like to publicly apologize to you, Chris. I was out of line and I was wrong. I am embarrassed and my actions were not indicative of the man I want to be. There is no place for violence in a world of love and kindness.”

E! News has reached out to Rock’s rep for comment.



from WordPress https://ift.tt/iNwFUCW
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment